updating the site to drupal 6

i recently updated this site to drupal 6.

it was a fairly delicate task.

i had to follow a few steps to make sure that the update worked ok. the first is to put the site on maintenance mode and to backup all my database, settings of the old drupal 5 site. then i created a duplicate “staging” site to test the new site with the new drupal 6 code. then i had to test each version 6 module and themes to make sure that it worked on the new site. once, i got that working, then i ported over to the “production” site. standard upgrade procedures i guess.

still, doing all this at night was not the best. the mind often doesn’t work that well at night. lol.

i cannot seem to get over the problem of images being lost.

this still remains unresolved.

anyway, i am using new drupal 6 themes for the new site.

starting with the adaptive theme. i find it pretty good and flexible. however, i need to get to the task of proper theming and css coding.

this is quite tough.

i am not much of a css coder.

i have a rough idea of the theme in my mind.

but as ever, my mind is a helter skelter of ideas and concepts.

recall, and recall in a structured manner is my challenge.

anyway, i hope to be able to slowly sort these things out over the next few weeks.

then i will start thinking of updating my other sites.

probably will update my-kart.org last of all.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *